Galileo 14 inch Glass Thermometer with 5 Multi Colored Spheres in Fahrenheit and with Gold Tags
- SCIENCE MEETS ART: The Galileo Thermometer is an example of utilizing scientific principle to create a useful artistic piece for day-to-day use. Designed with different colored spheres of varying densities, the thermometer is able to tell the temperature accurately.
- EXCELLENT INDOOR THERMOMETER: This Galileo Thermometer from Lily’s Home makes the ideal indoor thermometer. Featuring five multi-colored spheres with gold plated tags. This thermometer works for temperatures from 64F to 80F and goes up in 4 increments.
- SAFE AND NON-TOXIC COMPONENTS: Each Galileo Thermometer from Lily’s Home is made of hand-blown glass and filled with a fluid in both the cylinder and the floats that is non-toxic, non-hazardous and absolute environmentally safe. It consists of an inert oil-hydrocarbon mixture similar to mineral oil. The cylinder walls material is laboratory grade glass that ensures absolute sturdiness.
- A PERFECT GIFT IDEA: Lily’s Home makes a wide array of products for every home and garden lover. Whether you’re looking for a perfect gift to spruce up your friend’s garden, or if you need a housewarming present, Lily’s Home has something for everyone!
- MAKE A HOUSE A HOME: Lily’s Home offers beautifully designed clocks, dishware, garden decorations, and more to add a touch of style to any home. Whether you’re looking for a statement piece for your living room or looking for a way to add more color to your garden, Lily’s Home has just what you’re looking for!
Galileo Thermometers are magnificent creations that make Galileo’s 400 year old principle of relative density a functional reality. An accurate indoor thermometer encased in brilliant glass, the Galileo is the point at which art meets science. Galileos add sparkle and focus to any setting: Galileos are precisely manufactured. Each of the liquid-filled floats weighs grams more than the one above it in the cylinder to ensure a stately and orderly procession of ups and downs as the temperature changes. To accomplish this balancing, the tags on which the temperature is marked are attached by hand. The fluid in the floats and the cylinder has to be exactly the same density for the thermometer to function properly. The fluid is non-toxic and non-hazardous, an inert oil/hydrocarbon mixture like mineral oil: Galileos are carefully packaged. The cylinder walls are laboratory grade glass, so sturdiness isn’t an issue. A four-color cardboard box sleeve surrounds a form-fitted foam case that virtually guarantees safe arrival: This fascinating, functional instrument is the point at which science meets art. Four hundred years ago Galileo discovered that specifically weighted floating bubbles would predictable rise or sink in a liquid as the temperature of that liquid is changed. These decorative glass reproductions of Galileo’s discovery have glass floats precisely weighted 6 gram increments suspended in a clear, environmentally safe, non-toxic liquid. Simply read the tag on the lowest floating bubble to read the temperature: The 14 inch measures every 4 degrees from 64 F to 80 F and is accurate to within 2 degrees with five floats.